Alternative Living Unit (ALU) and Personal Support (CSLA)
Individuals are assisted to develop living arrangements that meets their individual needs and desires and to develop connections that enable them to become valued members of their community.
Services are provided in a range of settings from homes owned/rented by the individual/family, to apartments, homes and town homes leased by the agency. The most typical arrangement is that of two or three people living together with full time staff support.
SIS, Inc. homes are located in a safe, friendly neighborhood with special accommodations for the individuals served, including but not limited to:
- Private Bedrooms for each individual served
- Fully equipped Kitchen
- Dining room
- Living room
- Activities of daily living: Bathing; Toileting; Mobility (including transferring from place to place); Eating;
- Nutritional planning and meal preparation
- Household services related to medical needs
- Food shopping
- Medical support to and/from medical appointment
- Personal hygiene and grooming
- Social skills and behavior modification techniques
- Community integration activities and socialization
- Independent living skills training
- Individual therapy (off-site)
- Evaluation for all Medical and Psychiatric needs
- Medical management
- Financial management
Throughout each community the individuals will be afforded the opportunity to engage in activities as well as utilized public services such as community parks, recreation centers, public transportation, shopping centers, movie theaters, and places of worship.
SIS, Inc. will provide the least restrictive environment for each individual within the community. Services will be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, and include, but not limited to:
Family and Individual Support Services (F/ISS)
This support services are provided to individuals who live with their family and are based on the belief that people thrive best with family who love and care for them.
The support services include provision of staffing supports, transportation to medical appointments, individualize training, assistance with household chores/management, medical appointment, medical coordination, personal care, banking, recreational coordination and support for individual and families.
Respite care is provided as an excellent resource for families in need of occasional relief and also as a great socialization opportunity for individuals with cognitive and developmental disability. Services provided include supervision, personal care assistance as needed, and opportunity for activities.